(Guest Post) : Suffering from hair fall? Start including amla in your daily hair care regime now!
Amla or Indian gooseberry is a time-tested and effective remedy that can-do wonders for the health of your hair. If dry, dull and lifeless hair is what bothers you day and night then it’s time to make amla your go-to remedy. What makes amla a superfood for hair? It is enriched with zillions of nutrients and hair-friendly ingredients that aids in getting rid of the problems like:
- Pre-mature greying
- Dry scalp
- Scalp infection caused by bacteria
- Thinning, breakage & hair fall
- Irritation & itchiness of the scalp
How Amla Does It?
Amla can very well be described as an amazing magic pill, popping which can provide your hair with all the nourishment and nutrition it requires to grow healthy, thick and beautiful. What makes amla a hair health booster are essential nutrients like:
- Vitamin C
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antimicrobial properties
- Amino acids
How To Control Hair Fall Using Amla:
There are numerous ways in which you can include amla in your everyday diet and hair care regime to draw maximum benefits out of it for your hair. A glass of fresh amla juice is all you need to increase your immunity as well as get rid of free radicles that often the mar the look and health of your scalp. Application of hair oil on a regular basis can strengthen the hair follicles, moisturize the scalp, condition it and stimulate the growth of thick and shiny hair.
But if doing something different is your game and you like to try new remedies for hair, then opting for homemade amla masks is what you should be doing. They are inexpensive, super effective and come with absolutely no side effects. So, try them now and say bye to hair problems!
a) For Hair Growth:
1) Amla & Coconut Oil Hair Pack:
One of the biggest causes for hair fall is deficiency of vitamin C. Precisely the reason why amla for hair fall is considered to be an apt remedy to get rid of the problem of hair fall and hair breakage. With coconut oil added to it, you can be confident of getting naturally beautiful and silky hair.
- 2 tbsp amla powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl mix both the ingredients together
- Gently massage the hair with the mix (moving from scalp to the tip of the hair)
- Leave it in the hair overnight
- Next morning, wash it off with a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner
- Repeat at least once a week for thicker and shinier hair
2) Amla & Shikakai
Both amal and shikakai add strength to the hair follicles to stimulate growth of healthy and thick crop of hair. They are also known to add natural shine to the hair.
- 2 tbsp amla powder
- 2 tbsp shikakai powder
- 4 tbsp water
- In a bowl put both the ingredients together and add water
- Mix well and make a medium to thick consistency paste
- Apply it all over the scalp and hair and leave it to dry for 50-60 mins
- Wash it off with lukewarm water followed by a mild shampoo wash
- Repeat at least twice a week for black & shiny hair
b) For Hair Strengthening:
Weak hair from the roots fall often. Leaving a trail behind of hair is definitely not an ideal way to be remembered. To get rid of the problem of hair fall, here are few awesomely effective remedies that you must make use of.
1) Amla & Egg Hair Mask:
Egg has protein which is required to strengthen the follicles and the roots. Amla on the other hand aids in boosting the quality and texture of hair.
- 2 whole egg
- 2 tbsp Dabur Amla Hair Oil
- In a bowl whisk the eggs
- Add amla oil and whisk further
- With the help of a brush, spread the mix all over the scalp and hair
- Leave it to dry for 1-2 hours
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner
- Repeat at least once a week for effective results
2) Henna & Amla
Both henna and amla are known to strengthen the hair, add thickness and prevent them from pre-mature greying.
- 1 tbsp amla powder
- 2 tbsp henna powder
- Water as required
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together and let them rest overnight
- Next morning, with the help of a brush, apply the mix on the scalp and hair
- Let it dry in the hair for an hour before rinsing it off with a mild shampoo
- Repeat at least once a week for desired results
3) Amla & Honey Hair Pack:
This amazing hair pack not only strengthens the hair from the roots but also moisturizes and conditions the scalp from deep within.
- 2 tablespoon amla powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- In a bowl mix honey, amla powder & yogurt and make a smooth paste
- Apply the paste all over the scalp and hair
- Leave it to rest for 45 minutes and then rinse it off with a mild shampoo
- Repeat it at least once a week to see a marked difference in the quality and texture of your hair
Need more suggestions on how to use amla for hair fall? Keep following our blog.