Hi girls. It feels like yesterday when I started blogging out of my passion for fashion and beauty and today I have made a small community here with all of you as my family and I am so happy to have you as a part of my life. I have been nominated for the Liebster award by three wonderful bloggers -Srestha from Shinewithsrestha blog, Dipti from gorgeouslyflawed blog and Safi from thebeautyinsideout blog. Thanks you girls for nominating me and making me feel special. So, I have combined the questions of the three bloggers here (hope you don’t mind a long post here 😀 )
Questions From Dipti:
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
It’s an interesting story. I have 3 best friends in the world and we were in same engineering college. As I and my friend Bhumi were really passionate about singing and dancing, So we just dragged our rest of the 2 friends for participating in our cultural dancing competition and I gave the group name as The Perkies (The girls who are always happy and chirpy. Hehehe). So our group name became famous as The perkies and while creating this blog I had my group in mind so I decided to give my blog’s name as “Perkymegs” dedicated to my best friends.
2. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your teenage self?
Nothing. Every age is to enjoy for. Each age has its own innocence and I enjoyed every phase of my life fully.
3. Any pet peeves?
Fake attitude really annoys me. If anybody wants to say something, It should not be behind anyone’s back. Just speak the truth on the face without being fake and diplomatic. That’s how I am and I want the people to be honest in the same way.
4. What are three things you cannot live without?
My parents, My dearest husband (the love of my life) and my passion for fashion and makeup. I think life becomes really robotic without passion.
5. Who is your favorite fictional character?
I really liked reading Nagraj, Chacha chaoudhary and pinky comics. I just loved them.
6. What is your most prized possession?
Undoubtedlyyyy My Husband. He is the best thing happened to me in my life. He has the most innocent heart in the world and wherever I have reached today is all because of his support. He is my lifeline 😀 But I am still not able to explain him why I have 15 pink lipsticks of same shade and why I need new products every month when I have pile of products waiting to fall out from my cupboard. I have my own big almirah and now I have captured his almirah too as I am overloaded with clothes. Does this happen to you guys too or only with me 😛 😛 . But Mr. Hubby bears all my tantrums and I feel like a princess (Love you honey :*)
7. Describe yourself in three words.
Crazy, creative and funny.
8. What is that one makeup mistake you end up making all the time?
I always forget to exfoliate my lips before applying a matte lipstick and then cry later. (Hehe. Lazy me 😛 😛 . Why god has given me such chapped lips. Why why why )
9. Which brand is your favourite when it comes to makeup products?
Mac is undoubtedly my favourite. The products are costly but they are worth each penny.
10. What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link please!)
I think the kareena inspired black smokey eye makeup tutorial really made me happy from within. And the warm response that I got for it was amazing. I jumped with joy.( Hehe yeah I am that melodramatic)
Questions from Srestha:
1. What inspires you to write?
Undoubtedly my passion. I have a really hectic 9 to 5 job and it sucks all the energy out of me but my passion keeps me going.
2. Who are your favorite bloggers, and why?
My favourite blogger would be Mehak from peaches and blush. She is amazing in writing and I enjoy her sense of humour. Witty writing really attracts me.
3. What is one thing you could not live without, and why?
I answered this in the 4th question above
4. Which book has most inspired you, and why?
The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma changed my view towards life. It is amazing.
5. What would a perfect weekend look like to you?
Resting in my PJs watching a beautiful romantic movie like Notting hill with Mr. Hubby. Before you think what a romantic couple we are let me tell you that all he wants to watch is Amazing spider man and batman (which I hate).
6. What experiences have had the most profound effect on you?
I guess at one time when I was most depressed in my life, The vipassana course of meditation really brought back the spark in me. It changed the way I look at my life now. I thank my Cousin from the bottom of my heart for recommending it to me.
7.What television or movie character do you most identify with?
I think I would love to relate myself as Kareena from Jab we met. I hope I will always be chirpy like her for the rest of my life.
8. Where is your favorite place in the world, and why?
My parents home. Wherever I go in the world, I always find peace and happiness at my parents home.The way My mom feeds me endlessly and looks at me, that’s the best feeling in the world.
9. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The feedback and love of people and the feeling of satisfaction by helping out the queries of readers really makes my day. It is the one thing that I enjoy most about blogging.
10.What is the biggest risk you have taken, and did it pay off?
Becoming a fashion designer was always my wish but being from a simple middle class family it was not possible as it was an uncertain career and involved heavy expenses. So I went for engineering instead as I was good in studies and it was a safer option. I dropped a year to get into a prestigious institution and the risk finally paid off.
11. What is your drink of choice?
Aam panna. I love it !
Questions from Safi
1.When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in feb 2015 because I really wanted to keep my passion alive and share it with like minded people. I am so happy I did it.
2.Who is your favorite blogger and why?
I answered this in question 2 above.
3.Is there anything about yourself that you would like to change?
I would like to become more patient. I am really an impatient person. Hehe 😛 😛
4.What type of post you like to write more often?
Related to creating new looks and makeup.
5.Your favorite skincare brand?
I don’t use skincare products much but I am loving The body shop these days.
6.Your favorite food?
Kadi chawal and paneer bhurji.
7.What is your biggest fear?
To have a robotic monotonous life. I hate a boring schedule. I want my life to be always crazy, mad, spontaneous and chirpy.
8.Where do you see yourself in two years?
I want people to recognize me as a girl who brought something new in the fashion, beauty and makeup world. I hope I get a lot of love from girls all over India.
9.Is blogging your full time profession or hobby?
I have a full time 9 to 5 job and blogging is my passion.
So girls these were my anwers. I hope you were not annoyed by a very long post here but I wanted to give answers to all the three set of questions from Dipti, Srestha and Safi.
And now I nominate from my side the following 5 wonderful bloggers for the Liebster Award:
- Alisha from rasoirecipe blog. (A wonderful food blogger)
- Rishika from itsafashionista blog (Cute fashion and beauty blogger)
- Soumya from soumyamidhun blog ( Super hilarious amazing new mommy blogger)
- Swathi from curiousandconfusedme blog (A wonderful beauty blogger with a tons of intelligence)
- Ritam from Blushingshimmers blog (Beautiful fashion and beauty blogger)
My questions for all of you for the Liebster Award are below:
- What is one positive and one negative aspect of blogging according to you?
- What is the one most hilarious thing about you?
- What kind of movies do you like and which one is your favourite?
- What is your idea of an ideal holiday
- What is the the best thing that happened to you in life?
- Which blogger you like most?
- Do you thing creativity is not considered as a career option in India?
- Do you feel blessed being born as a woman?
- What is your idea of an ideal date?
- Which is you favourite beauty brand and why?
So girls looking forward to your reply. Thanks again Dipti, Srestha and Safi for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Meet you all next on another interesting post. Bye for now. Feel beautiful be stylish